Monday, October 12, 2009

post 5

1)I think an outline map is important. Especially in writing and reading because it will allow students to map out ideas about what they are reading and writitng. I would definitely require outlines in some projects, however I won't make it mandatory with all my projects.
2)Sometimes students don't want to over plan they just want to let their creative juices take over and every student doesn't have to plan to focus. I can relate to this lack of over planning because I am an english major, and I know sometimes you can't force it! Yet the cool thing about inspiration is the versitility that the program offers.
3)Last week was great because I learned how to intensify my Internet searches. I think this will be very helpful for me personally as well as with my students in the classroom. For example if my students are working on group project or something where they need to do research, we can use our classroom computers to make an outline before we go in the library so the student knows exactly what they are looking for.

1 comment: